There are a variety of volunteer positions available, each of which offers its own rewards AND provides valuable assistance to our hard-working staff and the animals in our care.
- Minimum 16 years of age;
- Fluent in written and spoken English;
- Comfortable working in a sometimes loud, busy environment;
- Ability to work as a team member and independently;
- Good communicator – with people and pets!
Before participating as a Volunteer, all individuals are required to:
- Complete our online Volunteer application.
- Attend a General Volunteer Orientation session at the Shelter (Approx 1 hour)
- Attend a Shelter Tour and Hands-On Training Session ( Approx 1 hour)
- Provide a Criminal Record Check.
Individual Volunteer Positions Descriptions
- Volunteer Dog Care Assistant
- Volunteer Cat Care Assistant
- Volunteer Rabbit and Rodent Care Assistant
We will contact you as soon as possible and invite you to attend the General Volunteer Orientation Session.
The PEI Humane Society DOES NOT accept volunteers who need to complete volunteer service in the community through the Court system, including the Alternatives Measures Program.
The PEI Humane Society DOES accept student volunteers who are in Grade 11 or 12 and participating in the Community Service Bursary program through the PEI Government Department of Innovation and Advanced Learning.
Have any questions on the above?
Email email@example.com with the subject line “ATTN Volunteer Coordinator”.