There are a variety of volunteer positions available, each of which offers its own rewards AND provides valuable assistance to our hard-working staff and the animals in our care.
The PEI Humane Society DOES NOT accept volunteers who need to complete volunteer service in the community through the Court system, including the Alternatives Measures Program.
The PEI Humane Society DOES accept student volunteers who are in Grade 11 or 12 and participating in the Community Service Bursary program through the PEI Government Department of Innovation and Advanced Learning. CLICK HERE for more information on that program.
In order to volunteer, you must be:
- Minimum 16 years of age;
- Fluent in written and spoken English;
- Comfortable working in a sometimes loud, busy environment;
- Ability to work as a team member and independently;
- Good communicator – with people and pets!
Before participating as a Volunteer, all individuals are required to
1. Complete our online Volunteer application.
2. Attend a General Volunteer Orientation session at the Shelter (Approx 1 hour)
3. Attend a Shelter Tour and Hands-On Training Session ( Approx 1 hour)
4. Provide a Criminal Record Check.
Click on the title below of the individual volunteer positions to be taken
to the full description.
- Volunteer Dog Care Assistant
- Volunteer Cat Care Assistant
- Volunteer Rabbit and Rodent Care Assistant
To submit an on-line application for a volunteer position CLICK HERE.
Our Volunteer Coordinator will contact you within 14 days of your submission and invite you to attend the General Volunteer Orientation Session.
Have any questions on the above? Please call us at (902) 892-1190 during regular business hours or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.