Pick up or renew a dog license at the PEI Humane Society (309 Sherwood Rd) for Charlottetown, Stratford, Cornwall or Provincially from non-incorporated areas
Why should I license my pet?
- Depending on where you live, you may be required by your municipality or by the province to license your dog.
- All dog owners must purchase a license for each dog they own and must ensure it is properly attached to the pet at all times.
- Failure to purchase a Dog License can result in large fines and the fine doubles and triples when subsequent offences occur.
- Encourages responsible pet ownership within our community.
- Helps us provide a safe and fast return of lost companion animals to their families.
- Assists with the costs associated with transporting, housing and caring for lost dogs until they are reunited with their family.
Depending on where you live, you may be required by your municipality or by the province to license your dog.
- Licensing fees are set by the province or the individual municipality, not by the PEI Humane Society.
- Call your municipal office to find out what their current fees and regulations are for where you live.
- If you do not live in an incorporated municipality, please contact the PEI Humane Society or the Dept of Agriculture to find out the current fees and regulations in your area.
“Being a Responsible Dog Owner” It is your responsibility as a pet owner to create and maintain a positive relationship between your pet and the community.
You must license your cat in the City of Summerside