Animal Bylaw Enforcement

To find out if you live in a municipality with Animal Control Bylaws, call your municipal office.  Ask for a copy of the animal control bylaw in your area.

Many municipalities do not have animal control bylaws. We can send a model for an animal control bylaw to your community council and will speak to your council about the benefits of animal control, if they so desire.

We enforce animal control bylaws in the following municipalities:

The PEI Dog Act

This piece of provincial legislation applies to dog owners who live in unincorporated, rural communities in Prince Edward Island. To find out if you live in a rural area covered by the PEI Dog Act, call your local MLA’s office.