A compassionate society where companion animals are valued and treated with respect.
Our mission is to promote quality of life for companion animals through: responsible ownership, successful adoptions, education and enforcement of companion animal welfare legislation in Prince Edward Island.
Our core values are to provide programs and services to the community which include:
- humanely housing and caring for companion animals
- protecting companion animals from abuse and neglect
- educating the community about responsible pet ownership
- providing individuals with the tools they need to be responsible pet owners
- protecting and promoting public health and safety
The PEI Humane Society Board has agreed the following objectives for 2014/2015:
- Secure financial sustainability and a zero-based budget by developing new sources of funding and expanding existing funding streams.
- Improve animal care education in the community.
- Continue our program of building and facility improvement.
- Improve the quality of care for shelter animals.