Our mission is to promote quality of life for companion animals through responsible ownership, successful adoptions, education and enforcement of companion animal welfare legislation in PEI.
Our vision is to inspire an d engage our community to create a more compassionate world where animals are valued and treated with respect.
The PEI Humane Society’s core values are to provide programs and services to the community which include:
- humanely housing and caring for companion animals
- protecting companion animals from abuse and neglect
- educating the community about responsible pet ownership
- providing individuals with the tools they need to be responsible pet owners; and
- protecting and promoting public health and safety.
The PEI Humane Society Board has agreed the following objectives for 2012/2013:
- Secure financial sustainability and a zero-based budget by developing new sources of funding and expanding existing funding streams.
- Improve animal care education in the community.
- Continue our program of building and facility improvement.
- Improve the quality of care for shelter animals.